In 2015, Philips (selling air purifiers in Indian markets since November 2014) has reported a 20-30% surge in sales and it has been growing. Eureka Forbes (the pioneer for air purifiers in India since 1996) was selling 7,000-10,000 machines a month in 2015, as compared to 10,000-20,000 sold in the past few years combined before that. This shows that individuals are taking the health of their loved ones into their own hands and getting air purifiers for their homes and cars, and rightly so, since as per the latest list of the top polluted cities of Numbeo, who run a pollution check of the world’s cities every 6 months, has listed India as having 10 of the top 25 most polluted cities globally as of 2017. World Health Organization’s (WHO) data of 2014 ranks India as the 8th most polluted country in the world. After seeing these scary statistics I am sure you understand the need for an air purifier to help improve the living environment in your homes and cars in today’s day and age, but how to select the best air purifier for yourself?
Some of the top companies in the air purifier space includes Philips (dominates the air purifier space just as Voltas dominates the Air Conditioning space), followed by other well-known brands like Honeywell and Mi. Other brands in the market, mainly known for their products in a good price range include Kent, Eureka, Havells, and Panasonic.
We have selected the top air purifiers in three price ranges:
- under Rs. 10000
- Rs. 10000 to Rs. 20000
- Rs. 20000 to Rs. 30000.
Air Purifiers under Rs 10,000:
Mi got into the Indian market for air purifiers rather late compared to other brands but it provides some great features for this price like 360° 3D air flow circulation, activated coconut carbon filter, intelligent speed adjustment, temperature and humidity sensor, etc. It launched its Mi Air Purifier 2 in September 2016 in white colour. It is an efficient portable room air purifier that comes with an LED display and 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Lightweight and easy to install and operate.
- You can use your mobile phone as a remote by downloading the Mi Home App.
- Ultra Energy-Efficient Nidec DC Motor for less power consumption.
- Low noise level; as low as 30 dB.
- No humidifier.
- No ionizer.
- No child lock.
- No UV lamp.
Priced At: Rs. 9,999
Philips is the dominating brand in air purifiers, and the Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier is the best portable room air purifier by Phillips that offers a lot of features for the price range like VitaShield IPS (Intelligent Purification System) Technology with auto, allergen mode and ultra-silent NightSense mode, 100% ozone free air, 3-step fan speed, 1/4/8 hours easy-to-set timer, etc. Available in white colour with a 2 year warranty, which is provided by Phillips for all its air purifiers.
- Simple user interface.
- No separate pre-filter.
- No remote control option.
- No dedicated allergen, pollution and bacteria and virus mode.
Price: Rs. 9,999
Air Purifiers between Rs 10,000 – Rs. 20,000:
The AC4012/10 from Philips is the second best air purifier for homes in this price range, first being an advanced model of Philips itself. The AC4012/10 Tulip air purifier provides a number of useful features within this price range like smart sensor with 3-step light indicators show the air quality level, 3-step fan speed, 1/4/8 hours easy-to-set timer, dedicated sleep mode cleans silently with dimmed indicators, etc. This product is available in white colour and comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Effective filtration efficiency (of 0.3 microns): 0.9997
- Air quality indicator.
- No dedicated allergen or pollution mode.
- No real-time particulate matter 2.5 display.
- No auto mode or silent mode.
- No (negative) ionizer.
- No humidifier.
Priced At: Rs. 16,250
The best air purifier by Phillips within Rs. 20,000. It is available in white colour and comes with a 2 year warranty.
- AeraSense Technology, dedicated allergen mode, pollution mode and bacteria and virus mode available, features which are not present in other models within this price range.
- 3 step fan speed with turbo mode.
- 12 hours timer.
- Nano Protect Filter, Auto mode, Silent mode, Sleep mode and Night mode available, these features are not present in other models within this price range.
- Priced At: Rs.18,247
Air Purifiers between Rs 20,000 – Rs. 30000:
This air purifier is made of a plastic body and is available in white colour with a 2 year warranty.
- 5 step fan speed indicators: Silent, Speed 1, 2, 3, Turbo mode.
- Filters out 99% of bacteria and PM2.5 particles within an hour.
- Area Coverage: 1022 sq.ft.
- 2 meter cord length.
- Clears cigarette smoke effectively in 367 m3 area in an hour (CADR).
- AeraSense Technology, Real -time PM 2.5 display and dedicated allergen mode.
- No humidifier.
Priced At: Rs. 26,792
These are the top 5 air purifiers in the market currently. Do get an air purifier to ensure a longer healthier life for you and your family.